UPDATE: Hwy 19 has reopened. Buses will continue on their normal bus routes. Mahalo for your patience and kōkua.
Due to a traffic accident on Hwy 19, in Maulua Gulch, the highway is closed. We are looking at how best to get your keiki home safely and will send a School Messenger message shortly.
Update: All Papa'ikou to Waimea (PM) Riders have reached their destinations.
-One Bus will transport Waimea and Honoka'a Riders via Saddle Road.
-One Bus will transport Papaikou thru Pa'auilo Riders via Hwy 19. Bus will go as far as Laupahoehoe Pool. Pa'auilo parents are advised to pick up their students in Laupahoehoe.
-We are combining Girls and Boys PKP Riders onto one bus.
Due to a traffic accident on Hwy 19, in Laupahoehoe, the R1-E/M and R1-H Waimea Buses have been rerouted thru Saddle Road. The R2 Honoka'a Bus will remain at the Laupahoehoe Pool until all riders are picked up by parents.
Waimea Evening Bus Route
Depending on whether Hwy 19 is open or not, the Waimea Evening Bus will either use:
- Saddle Road (for Waimea and Honoka'a Riders) and Hamakua Coast (for Papaikou thru Pa'auilo)
- Or Hamakua Coast (Papaikou thru Waimea)
Robert's Hawaii will provide an additional bus if necessary.
The 2018 Summer Bus Service Application for New Invitees and MS Holomua Students in now available for Grades 6 and 9 effective today.
The 2018-2019 Bus Service Application is now available.
Returning Students: The application period will be open from April 9, 2018 to April 30, 2018.
- You may still apply after April 30th via this website; however, your child may be wait listed based on seating availability and assessed a late fee.
- Grades 6 and 9: the application period will be open on April 14, 2018, New Student Orientation.
- Grades K and 4: the application period will be open on May 12, 2018, New Student Orientation.
- New Invitees are encouraged to submit their bus application on the day of the orientation as bus seats are limited. Applications received prior to the New Student Orientation will not be accepted.
On the Tabs, click on: PARENTS > 2018-2019 > Bus Service Application.
Tomorrow morning, Prince Kuhio Plaza will close the road fronting the Zippy’s Food Court area from 7am to 8:30 am. The road closure will ONLY affect the 2nd Wave of Middle and High School buses departing between 7:00 and 7:10 am. Bus Riders catching 2nd Wave Buses are advised that we will use the IHOP Entrance.
We will resume use of the Food Court area on Wednesday afternoon.
Due to the Merrie Monarch Festival this week, we are making adjustments to our Elementary Wong Stadium drop off. The Elementary Bus will drop off bus riders along the sidewalk fronting the Wong Stadium Ballfield. This arrangement will be in effect on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons. As always, please be present at the door of the bus to ensure the safety of your keiki.
Middle and High School Buses will drop off along the sidewalk as normal.