Bus Service Guidelines
Guidelines for Transportation Services
- Authorization for bus transportation is made by the Director of Operations or designated Educational Site Administrator after considering the funding available in the approved annual budget.
- On KS Campuses, the Director of Operations or designee is responsible for implementing bus transportation services, in consultation and coordination with the Headmaster, Principal or other applicable school administrator(s).
- KS may charge a non-refundable fee to cover a portion of the total cost of transportation. Such fees are subject to increase at the sole discretion of KS. Financial aid assistance is available for income qualified students.
- All selected students will be issued bus passes for the applicable school year.
- Students must show their bus pass to the bus driver when boarding and surrender their pass upon request of the driver. Passes are non-transferable, unless authorized by a school official. KS may charge a fee to replace lost, damaged or stolen passes. (See the KSH Bus Service Guidelines document at the bottom of this page)
- If an infraction is observed, the driver shall submit a Student Notice of Concern form to the school’s Operation Manager or designee who will refer the matter to the Principal or appropriate School Administrator for follow-up.
- Students and their parents are instructed on the Bus Transportation Application and the Student/Parent Handbook to notify the Transportation Department in writing if they decide to discontinue bus transportation prior to the expiration of the school year so that KS may award transportation to the next applicant on the waiting list.
KSH Bus Service Guidelines SY20-21